You may have heard us here! If you have pictures, recording or video, we’d love to see them because we are under documented!
We often play in the NYC subways as part of the “Music Under New York”
program of the MTA . Usually, we are seen in the Graybar Passage of Grand Central Terminal or at the Times Square station near the Shuttle.
|BSP lounge||323 Wall St|
Kingston, NY 12401
|845 481 5158||http://bspkingston.com||June 7, 2014|
|The Colony Café||22 Rock City Road,|
Woodstock, NY 12498
|845-679-6687||http://www.colonycafewoodstock.com/||July 19th, 2014 at 8PM|
|The Living Seed||521 Main Street|
New Paltz, NY
|845-255-8212||http://http//www.thelivingseed.com/||June 20th, 2014, 7PM|
|Market Market||1 Madeline Lane, on Rt. 32,|
|(845) 658-3164||http://marketmarketcafe.com||April 16th, 2014|
- The Colony Café in Woodstock, NY Saturday, July 19th at 8PM Come be in our live music video!Featuring the talented Liana Gabel, $1022 Rock City Road,
Woodstock, NY 12498
Here’s a Facebook page you can like
You can get a tickets here at EventBrite
- BSP lounge June 7, 2014BSP Lounge
- Living Seed in New Paltz, Fri, June 20th, 2014, 7PM
Benefit Concert and Lecture for the Q’ero Children of Peru521 Main StreetNew Paltz, NY845-255-8212
- MARKET MARKET Saturday, April 16th.1 Madeline Lane, on Rt. 32, Rosendale, NY(845) 658-3164
- Sinterklaas Festival in Rhinebeck, Sat, December 7th,2013.2:00 PM at The Third Evangelical ChurchOn Livingston St. Walk North on Center St. from the Town Hall orEast on Livingston from Gigi Trattoria.
- Gomen KudasaiSaturday, November 30th, 2013.3 Mamalamas will be playing and drinking Bubble Tea.
- Old Glenford Church, Friday, October 25th.210 Old Route 28,Glenford, NY, 12433, US
- Pine Hill Steampunk Festival, Saturday, November 26th.Details TBA
- Two Row Wampum Festival , August 3, 2013. Beacon, NY
- San Severia Belgian performance tent, Sunday July 21, 2013.Two doors down from UPAC, (between Henry and Cedar st.) Broadway,Kingston, NY2PM
- Omega Institute , Saturday July 20, 2013. 8PM
- The Bearsville Theater Sunday July7th 2013With special guests291 Tinker Street, Woodstock, NY
- New York Faerie Festival, June 28,29,30 2013.
http://www.nyfaeriefest.com Ouaquaga, NY (near Binghamton, NY)
- Saugerties Farmers Market “Farm Animal Day”Saturday, June 1st, 11AM-2PMSaugerties, NY115 Main Street
- COSM Sunday June 16, 2013CoSM, Chapel of Sacred Mirrors46 Deer Hill Rd, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590Call: 845.297.2323 Fax: 845.632.3879
- Beltane, Saturday April 27 , 2013. (rain date, Sunday the 28th)
Center for Symbolic Studies,Tilson, NY
- Woodstock Goddess Festival, Sat Mar. 9, 2013at The Colony Café in Woodstock, NY.9:00 PM.Some details here (Facebook group)!
- Kripalu, February 9, 2013West St. and Richmond Mountain RdLenox , MA, 01240(866) 200-5203
- Sinterklaas Festival in Rhinebeck, Sat, December 1st,2012.Rhinebeck, NYDetails TK.
- Old Glenford Church, Friday, November 30th.210 Old Route 28,Glenford, NY, 12433, US
- Boston Yoga and Chant Festival, Sunday, October 20th.Regis College Fine Arts Center235 Wellesley St.,Weston, MA
- Vanderbilt Mansion Gardens performance, Sunday, September 23rd.Hyde Park, NY2:00 pmFREE!
Mamalama will be playing in the full blooming gardens at the Vanderbilt Mansion in Hyde Park NY Sunday, September 23rd at 2pm.
Bring a blanket, perhaps some lunch… make a day of it.
There are beautiful hiking trails on site that meander down by the river.
Very old trees everywhere. Stonework, sculptures, flowers galore. It will likely be a gorgeous day. Event cancelled if it’s raining.Mamalama will be joined by the lovely Rusty Boris on electric upright bass, with Elizabeth Clark-Jerez on harp/voice, Henry Lowengard on hammered dulcimer/flutes/melodica/music boxes, and Charlie Schikowitz on fiddle/mandolin/banjo.
The show will open with a few songs by flamenco/persian blues guitarist Marc Sloan. http://www.nps.gov/vama/index.htm
www.mamalamaband.comHope to see you there.
And, the event is FREE!
- Gershwin Hotel Thursday Aug 2nd 20128PM7 east 27th street, new york, ny 10016phone: 212.545.8000
- BSP lounge Friday Aug 3rd 2012 , 11:00PM$5, 18+, doors at 9PMBSP Lounge323 Wall St.
Uptown Kingston NY
- WIOX-FM, Roxbury NY 91.3FM, wioxradio.org (stream) Saturday Aug 4rd 2012 , 6-7 PMMamalama on the “Saturday Crackle” with Terry Doyle.
- The Bearsville Theater Monday July 30th 2012With our friendly acts Marc Sloan and Mona Cedar And Jeff Boynton291 Tinker Street, Woodstock, NY
- Omega Institute Saturday July 21th 2012Rhinebeck, NY
- Sunday July 1stCafe Mezzaluna11am-2pm (mellow and delicious brunch, purple walls, strong coffee, lovely people)Route 212 Saugerties NY
- Monday July 2ndBUSKING NYC MUNY (MUSIC UNDER NEW YORK) STYLEGrand Central/Graybar Passage (near Lexington Ave. exit)3-6pm
then off to….
Times Square/42nd Street (near the “S” and the video place that almost always plays Michael Jackson videos)
- John Street Jam, Saturday, June 30, 2012John Street (Dutch Arms Chapel)Saugerties, NY$5 – benefits Food Pantry
- Bearsville Theater April 7, 2012, Doors open: 8:00 PM”The World of Color and Light” CD Release Party Show!With opening act Marc SloanThe Bearsville Theater website
This is the full length version of the EP we made at the very end of last year.
291 Tinker Street, Woodstock, NY
- Woodstock Goddess Festival, Sat Mar. 10, 2012at The Colony Café in Woodstock, NY.8:00 PM.Some details here (Facebook group)!
- WVKR, Wed Mar. 7, 2012Radioactive Lunch with Radman X.12:00 noon.WVKR’s website,Radioactive Lunch’s website
- The Towne Crier open mic finals, Jan 8, 2012Pawling , NYMamalama duo acoustic harp/voice at The Towne Crier invitational open mic finals;The winner opens for a national touring band!
And… lots of other worthwhile acts! Mamalama was voted a runner up, and so we will be opening for some national touring show at the Towne Crier this year!
130 Route 22, Pawling, NY 12564
7PM and on.
- First Night Saratoga, Dec 31st, 2011Saratoga , NYPlaying in the Saratoga Arts- Gallery, 320 Broadway, 7PM, 9PM, 11PMHappy New year!
- Sinterklaas in Rhinebeck, Saturday, December 3rd. 2:30 pmThird Lutheran Churchon Livingston Street: Walk North on Center St. from the Town Hall or East on LivingstonRhinebeck, NY
- The Marathon of Dreamers, Saturday, October 1st.Part of Ione’s Annual Dream Festival, a Deep Listening Space event!3:00 PMStella May Productions, 101 Greenkill Ave, Kingston, NY
- Tivoli Street Painting Festival, Sunday, October 9th.Tivoli, NY around 1ish
- Vanderbilt Mansion Gardens performance, Sunday, September 18th.Hyde Park, NY2:00 pm
- Arkville Flood Felief Benefit ConcertSaturday, September 10, 9:10PM – 9:40PMCasey Joe’s, Arkville, NYBy Donation! It’s a benefit with lots of bands!
- Beacon Farmers MarketSunday, September 11thBeacon, NY
- Saugerties Farmers Market “Farm Animal Day”Saturday, September 3rd, 11AM-2PMSaugerties, NY115 Main StreetThe weather was unkind to our stringed instruments!
- John Street Jam, Saturday, August 13th, 2011In Saugerties: this is actually an Elizabeth C-J solo act.212-777-7447
- Hudson Music Festival, Sunday, August 14th, 2011Mamalama (E + H version) plays at the J. Damiani Gallery Tent,237 Warren Street, Hudson, NY 12534,12PM-2PM
- Hudson Music Festival, Friday, August 12th, 2011Mamalama (Elizabeth , Henry, Sharon) plays Helsinki Hudson at 9:00 – 9:30pM405 Columbia StreetHudson, New York 12534
This was broadcast live on WGXC-FM, 90.7 in Greenand Columbia counties, and on the internet at www.wgxc.org .
hey, we came late due to traffic, but made it onstage at 9PM!
- LeClaire Lounge, Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011A new-ish Mediterranean hookah lounge on the Lower East Side:
189 E 3rd St. New York, NY 10009212-777-7447
- Sunset Concert Series Friday July 1st, 2011Glasco Mini Park, Saugerties, NY
- Shrine World Music Venue: Wednesday, June 29, 2011. 8PM – 10PM2271 Adam Clayton Powell Blvd, NYC. (@ 134th st)Shrine is a multimedia arts and culture venue, founded in 2007 by musicians and music lovers
in the music capital of Harlem, USA.
We are dedicated to art and culture in all mediums: film, theater, dance, and live music.
Shrine World Music Venue’s mission is to establish a positive creative atmosphere
for both artists and audiences from all backgrounds.
- Elmendorph Inn’s Acoustic Medicine Show Saturday, June 18th, 20117562 Route 9, One block north of the intersection of Broadway (Rt. 9) and E. Market St. (Rt. 199) , Red Hook, NY8PM
- /root Saturday, June 11th60 Main St., New Paltz8PM
- Phirst Phriday Phoenicia June 3, 20119PM,Arts Upstairs, Main St. Phoenicia NY
- Omega Institute Saturday June 4th 2011Rhinebeck, NYEvening show at the Lake Theater
- Montauk Music Festival May 14/15 (Saturday/Sunday)Montauk, NYWe played at the Montauk Manor, Saturday night 8:30 PM – 11:00 PM, and Sunday Brunch (10AM-11:30AM) at Gurney’s.
- May Day Fairie Festival, Apr 29,30,May 1, 2011At Spoutwood Farm,4255 Pierceville Rd.,Glen Rock, PA 17327
We played at both stages, a little windy on Friday, a little muddy on Sunday !
- Mountain View Studio, Woodstock NY Saturday April 9th 7:30-9ishWe will be part of the TransFormative Journeys art/music/dance/film event.
- MARKET MARKET Saturday, April 16th.1 Madeline Lane, on Rt. 32, Rosendale, NY(845) 658-3164
- Cafe Mezzaluna Sunday April 17th 11AM-2PMRoute 212 Saugerties
- Woodstock Goddess Festival, Sat Mar. 12, 2011at BSP, 323 Wall St. in uptown Kingston.8:20 PM.Some details here (Facebook group)!
- MUNY: Grand Central Terminal, Graybar passage Saturday, Feb 26, 2011, 3PMA relatively quiet part of Grand Central, nice acoustics!
- Bearsville Theatre, Feb 11, 2011291 Tinker St Bearsville/Woodstock NY(845) 679-4406
Door: 8PM show: 9PM$10
2 Alices: Feb. 4, 2011311 Hudson St.Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY7PM- 9:30PM
with Vuvuzela (featuring members of Kiss Kiss)
and Horrah! A Bolt of Light
Show starts at 7PM.
- First Night Saratoga! Dec 31, 2010, at the Saratoga Arts Center, Saratoga Springs, NY, 7PM, 9PM, 11PMGreat fun, pleasant evening!We’re going back next year!
- MUNY: Grand Central Terminal, Graybar passage Sunday, Dec 19, 2010A relatively quiet part of Grand Central, nice acoustics!
- Grand Central Terminal, NYC! Nov 19, 2010. Part of the “Music Under New York” program of the MTA .
- October 13th WVKR 91.3 “Radioactive Lunch” Vassar College 11AM-1PMWe had a fun time playing while crowded around two mikes, reading Rumi, and looking for children.You can now hear this show on the Radioactive Lunch Website
- October 10th: Beacon Farmers’ Market
- October 9th: Saugerties Farmers’ Market
- September 22nd: Woodstock Farm Festival/Market
- September 10, 2010: Mamalama and Andes Manta at the Colony Cafe, Woodstock, 8PM
This was a great show featuring the amazing Andes Manta family, playing tables and tables of handmade pan pipes and other Andean instruments.
There was singing, dancing, Amazonian rainforests, and different sizes of charangos.
Mamalama’s core group was augmented by guest drummer Steve Collins, and we played a bit with Andes Manta. Sorry – no recordings were taken that I know of!
Mamalama has performed throughout the Northeastern United States at such venues as
The Towne Crier Café in Pawling NY,
The Sinterklaas Festival in Rhinebeck NY,
The Omega Institute in Rhinebeck NY,
The Vanderbilt Mansion Gardens in Rhinebeck NY,
Tivoli Street Painting Festival in Tivoli,NY,
The Shrine in Harlem, NYC,
The Gershwin Hotel in Manhattan, NYC,
The Woodstock Goddess Festival NY,
Midsummer Night’s Dream Faerie Festival and Masquerade Ball NY,
Organic Rock Concert, Rosendale NY,
Hudson Music Festival, Hudson NY,
Montauk Music Festival, Montauk NY,
The Colony Arts Center, Woodstock NY,
PhotoSensualis Art Gallery, Woodstock NY,
The Bearsville Theater, Woodstock NY,
Spoutwood Farm Faerie Festival, PA,
Caravan of Dreams, NYC,
Deep Listening Space Dream Festival, Kingston NY,
Mountain View Studio, Woodstock NY ,
MARKET MARKET, Rosendale NY ,
Mezzaluna, Saugerties NY ,
The Rosendale Cafe, Rosendale, NY ,
The Adorno Sound Project, at Columbia University’s Teacher College,
and has performed live on WKZE radio’s “Nightshade” with Paul Higgins,
WDST radio Woodstock, WVKR Vassar College Radioactive Lunch with Radman X,
and is an official performing artist with MUNY (Music Under New York), playing music for mass transit throughout NYC subways and rail stations.